“COME, VISIT MY HOME,
BE MY GUEST”
is a simple campaign directed to change the preconceived notions and opinions that we hold about people of other communities, classes, castes, religions, sexual orientations, languages, regions etc. It is easy to spread hatred in the absence of direct contact with each other. The objective is simple and direct, people must go to each other’s house eat and drink tea, just even water and break the socially constructed barriers.
We are well aware that this campaign cannot transform the society into a just and equal society. This is only an experiment, a small beginning and a hope that especially the new generation will rise above the hatred and join hands for peace and love.
We call upon you to join this campaign.
Visit My Home, Be My Guest
Weaving Lives Together
July 20-22, 2017
1. Meet at least one family who is not from your religion/ class/ caste/ economic background/ sexual orientation/ region/ linguistic background. Go to their home and invite them to your house.
2. Try to understand their life and culture.
3. Take a selfie together and tweet using hashtag #SelfieWithGuest (Not to be done before 9am July 20th)
4. Upload on the following facebook page
5. if a Facebook page has been created in your city/ town/ locality upload on that facebook page. facebook page’s name should be MereGharAaKeToDekho after that you can add your city/ town/ community etc.
6. Please send photographs and videos of your interaction to any one of the following whatsapp numbers:
9911016957 / 9811137421 / 8373940162 / 9979704474 / 9555999150 / 7503227553 / 8826768793 / 9818809018
7. Kindly start uploading on 20th July from 9am onwards. First 50 videos will be released to the media
8. Special request to people’s organisations, groups, activists, schools, colleges, institutions facilitate visits, encourage young people, coordinate and make a facebook page for your city/ town, community etc.
Our Rehnumateam is one of the groups which iniciated this Campaign. We hope that You take the pictures as an example and invite people from other backgrounds to your house to spread the message.