In the year 2016 the Government of West Bengal committed “Utkarsh Bangla“, a flagship scheme under the aegis of the PBSSD (Paschim Banga Society for Skill Development) for short-term skill trainings across the state of West Bengal.
Since the financial year 2017/2018 NOSKK is empaneled under PBSSD.
360 participants are assigned for the courses
- Self- Employed Tailor
- Assistant Beauty Therapist
- Associate – Desktop Publishing
- Domestic Data Entry Operator
- Accounts Executive
- Mobile Hardware Repair Technician
Objectives of the programme
The objective of the PBSSD is to provide job-orientated skill development training to prepare youth for their future job life.
The vision is
- To build an aware society in which the people are skilled in various sectors to reduce the existing gap between the demand and supply of skills.
- To skill and empower individuals to improve their livelihood through increased earnings, and/or improved working conditions, and/or opportunities to move from informal to formal work sectors
- To impart Technical Education & Training, to provide several numbers of technicians in different disciplines for the emerging industrial fields
- To organize diverse training programmes from non-technical subjects to vocational areas like Spoken English and Grooming for the participants
- To encourage Madhyamik and Higher Secondary, graduated and ITI passed candidates towards job oriented programmes for an independent and sustainable future
In January 2020 we successfully started three streams
Beautician Class (250 hours course) 30 participants in 1 running batch are learning Facial Treatment, Threading, Waxing, Manicure, Pedicure, Bridal Make- Up, Haircut and Hairstyle.
Tailoring Class (340 hours) 60 participants in 2 running batches are learning Cutting, Measurement taking, Stitching, Different type of dress making with different cloth types.
Domestic Data Entry (400 hours) 60 participants in 2 running batches are learning Fundamentals of Computer, DOS, Windows 10, Microsoft Office 2016, Spoken English and Grooming.
The second batch of Mobile Hardware Repairing Class and Accounts Executive Class and Desktop Publishing Class will start soon.
Running Courses: Beautician, Tailoring and Domestic Data Entry
Project Area: Howrah District
Priority Groups: Youths and Young Adults